CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Day out with playgroup

Some days I feel that being a mom is a huge test of patience. Yesterday the playgroup from NCC went to Arundle Mills Mall for some shopping and a reprieve from the heat. Caed and I traveled with a friend- Katrina and her daughter Aliyah. I was worried what the day was going to look like. Maybe that's where the problem began. I was nervous about the car with a baby who doesn't like to fall asleep in the car. Well he didn't sleep in the car. He didn't sleep at the mall, and he didn't sleep on the way home either. (even though walking through the mall I was pleading with God to put him into a deep slumber!) He was the energizer bunny. Caed just wants to be involved in all that goes on around him. It's great for his learning, but really difficult for a day like yesterday. I thank God for the patience he does allow me to have, and the way I am being stretched. By nature I want everything now. I don't want to wait. So Caed is a constant reminder to myself to lengthen my abilities. Teach him a different way of expecting things. So my son continues to want now- and I keep trying to logically explain why now isn't possible. "It's not possible to get out of the stroller now, we are on our way home in the sweltering heat, and you can walk when we get closer". "You can't have that little boy's truck now, because it's time to get you home for a nap".

Yesterday we went napless- so today it's necessary.

It's such a blessing to be with other moms who have different ways of doing things, and to get new ideas from. I really think they are each an answer to my prayers for some mom fellowship. Here are some pictures from our afternoon yesterday- and all the sweet baby girls!


Our Gang-



They all needed to get out and stretch their legs at the end...

0 comments: