CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

finally here...

I just wrote a new post and then tried a different way to post my photos and lost the whole post.

In short, we've been busy, and with the nice weather, outside a whole lot more. I've got cute photos to post and will do that.

I've been staying up to date on the blogs I read with a handy google tool on my iGoogle homepage. It's Google reader, and when someone updates their blog it just gives me a little link and pops open only the new post. I don't have to go and click through everyone's site, so it's really great. My friend Katrina told me about it, and I'm sold on it! But now that makes commenting on people's sites a little more difficult because I would have to go all the way through to that...and the reader is already so handy. But I wonder that means for interacting even less on a little interaction blog anyway. I mean, it's already like looking in on someone's life when you read the blogs, but now I can get your recently updated posts and I feel even less inclined to let you know because of this 'shortcut'. I'm not sure if I conveyed my curiousity about that in the right way, but anyway.

Last weekend we took a trip to North of Pittsburgh for my soon to be sister in law's, Sally, Bridal Shower. YAY! We had a great time, and I'm not sure what kind of photos I have the party, if any. But I do have some from a visit to the family dairy farm that we got to take!

Lots of posts to come soon- although we head out on a little vacation soon and will be in and out the next few weeks.

4 comments:

pgvet2 said...

You can also run the google reader by itself and it will give you the entire blog post, in most cases. It is a great tool, especially if you have quite a few blogs you need to keep up with. You can get to the reader by itself by going to http://www.google.com/reader

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Tell Jon I say Hello please.

Kayris said...

The list of blogs I read doubled once I set up my Google reader. I agree though, it did initially reduce the comments I left because I had to click through to the site! Now I make a deliberate effort to click through and comment, so people know I'm reading, even though it's through the reader. Great pics of the baby shower! The mom to be looks great!

kenady said...

Thanks for the tip on the reader thing. I will definitely look into that:)

Glad you and family are doing well!

The photos of the baby shower were great! And Becky looks amazing!

Teresa said...

I checked out google reader too but I didn't like how I couldn't see the whole blog and all the colors etc. Also the commenting thing but what I did discover is something new that blogger has. You put in you list of blogs that you read, just like you have already and it automatically sorts them and puts the ones that are updated to the top of your list. I love it and it has helped me a ton to keep up and comment.