CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Traveling

We have been a gypsy family as of late. We've been running around and trying to keep things as normal as possible in between! It started with our week vacation in Myrtle Beach visiting with my family. It continued with a split family trip. Jon had the opportunity to go along with an old friend, Mark, on a trip with Mark's 8th grade youth trip to West Virginia to help out, mostly with cooking. Caed and I headed out the day after Jon left and went to visit my sister Heather in PA. We went from Wed- Fri, but the family desperately wanted a longer visit with Caed and so they kept him until yesterday, Monday. Over the weekend I took advantage of Caed being in PA and helped friends move with as much of my time as possible. It was really rewarding to help and not have to worry about Caed, and just keep working until we ran out of time! Jon returned on Sunday, so we're only trying to get back to normal now. But we're preparing for a trip this weekend to Grove City, PA for my brother in law's wedding. We are all in the ceremony, even little Caed in a tux! Aunt Betsy is on duty to evacuate Caed if there is any scene. We'll be back on Sunday.

And in the middle of all of this Jon is hung in the middle of his job ending and a job offer that was given and then put on hold. We're a little unsure of how God will continue to provide for us, but we are looking at the other end of this knowing that we are indeed being provided for.

We've got lots of photos to still post and will be back with them soon!

5 comments:

pgvet2 said...

I will keep Jon's job situation in my prayers. I know God will provide for your family. I understand the feelings of uncertainty in your career. I'll be looking for a new job after my honeymoon next month. Have a great day. God Bless.

kenady said...

I will be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

The traveling sounds like fun!! Keeps you busy, but what great times with family.

Looking forward to seeing photos!

Anonymous said...

Our God is not one that sometimes has our backs and then turns and leaves us to the wind. Our God is THE ONE that provides for us when we see no answer and holds us in the palm of His hand even when the storms seem to crush us. He is so tuned in to what it is that Jon is to do that He has us sit and fret until we depend on Him totally. We are all praying that it is unquestionably clear as to where the Lord wants Jon and that He watches over you as you travel and have company. We love you.

Claire said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you all and praying for you - I once read a sentence about how God doesn't bring us out into the middle of the lake to let us drown - He will bring us to the other side!

Teresa said...

All that traveling sounds like FUN and I thought it was interesting how you wrote that you could help your friend and it felt good and you could help till it was done etc. Only a Mother can understand what you are talking about there...I do! That's great that you used your alone time to help someone else! :)

And I echo everyone else about the job situation. It's easy for us to say b/c it's not us going thru it but that's what friends and family are for...to remind you that God is good, all the time and that He is your Jahovah Jirah...your provider and to encourage you when you are uncertain. :)

Keep us posted!