CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

keeping busy


















we are keeping busy, but who isn't? This past weekend was a rarity for me- I was busy every night! Friday I got together with some mom friends from Caed's school for games. Such fun! we actually only played one game, and then didn't finish because we started talking and enjoying ourselves...so nice. Didn't get home until 1am! Then Saturday morning, Jon and the twins let me sleep in until 9am! wow! The twins were in their bed until then! Then we had a fun Saturday evening at friend's of ours home. They have three older kids, and moved to a new house. We had a great time hanging with them- I lived with them when their 2nd kid was a baby and it was the last place I lived as a single woman! Then Sunday I helped a good friend of mine with a wedding she was photographing. Such fun, and HARD work! Yes, it is- all the gear to lug around, and different places to walk and get pictures at, she is a hard worker, and must be in good shape! I am feeling it still today! It was 8+ hours out of the house too, while Jon and auntie April took care of the kids and house. Jon did such a great job and was such a trooper! He had a good day too!

So that left yesterday as a little recuperation day. We took it easy and I did some cooking to catch up on all the food that was near to going bad. I made some meals and some food for the babies. I honestly didn't think I was going to make food for the babies this time around, but it's just too easy not to. Seriously. If we have a veggie or fruit I see we aren't going to get to, I steam it up, puree it in my food processor (with some/all of the liquid from steaming) and pour it into ice cube trays. So simple for me. I sometimes look online at different combinations people use, and then use that to guide my making as well. One company has some good combos, Happy Baby. They use Black Beans and Quinoa which i like adding to my babies food, so good for them! (i haven't added it to the twins yet because they are only 7 mo. old, I'll do it when they get a little older...)
This week we've got an extra Halloween dress up day for class on Thursday. So I really needed to make a decision about Caed's costume. I thought I was going to have him wear his Mr. Incredibles costume that I bought at Target last year, a couple days after Halloween for a steal, but he doesn't want to wear it. He's told me multiple times he wants to be a cowboy. I haven't reminded him he was one last year, so I don't know why he's choosing it again. But I decided to go for it, and today after dropping him off at school I went up to the thrift store and found a pair of cowboy boots. He didn't wear a pair last year, so I thought it might be a nice addition. I was proud of myself for doing it with the babies, and it was raining! We also went by the grocery store and picked a couple of things- another big step for me. I think I've only taken all three once with me, and I've taken the twins alone a couple of times. The more I do it, the easier it gets. I just try to be fast.
Well we've got the H1N1 flu mist to get today (Caed and I) and I'm a bit nervous. Hopefully we don't get sick because of it...

1 comments:

Claire said...

Great at home photos - love to see Caed with his brothers!