CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Valentine!


Jon's Birthday is February 13. It's always tricky for me to plan for both his birthday and Valentine's Day- I usually end up realizing I didn't think both "holidays" through. Nonetheless, I am so lucky to get to celebrate his life and our love so close together!
As I wrote about just a few posts earlier, i am so thankful for Jonathan as my husband, he's such a wonderful partner for me. He is sensitive and kind, loving and generous (when he's not being frugal) funny and supportive.
Although I woke up cranky this morning (that happens when you stay up way to late watching the Olympics!) he still is making the best of it! He bought me 2 dozen roses, took us out for breakfast (my favorite meal!) at IHOP (yes, all 5 of us, only for the second time since the twins have been born) and planned for me to go get a manicure/pedicure today. I love this man!
I decorated the house and planned to make a pot roast for dinner. I am thoughtful aren't I? See, I come up short somewhere...but yesterday for his birthday I had presents for him, I made a special meal of NY strip steak (grass fed) flounder stuffed with crab meat (trader joes) mashed potatoes and steamed carrots. I also made a Black Forest cake (his family tradition) mostly from scratch too. He got out for some father/son haircuts and a few errands to make his day complete. (I actually would love to run errands all afternoon with just Caed- how easy, and what a joy!)
Happy (belated) Birthday and I love you!

1 comments:

Claire said...

Good one!!! You both work very well together!