CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 13, 2008

Old Friends

Memorial Day weekend my youth pastor from my childhood was in town. Pete married us and his wife Cheryl played the music at the ceremony. Their daughter was my younger sister's age and they were friends. Pete and Jon happen to be very close in height, so Jon appreciated being able to talk to someone at his height! Looking at the photo reminds me of how tall Jon really is (he's 6'6") in comparison to Pete (6'8").

I had forgotten they would be here, and since they were with family I didn't think there would be time to see them anyhow. Well on Sunday morning I got a text on my cell phone and it was Pete. He and his family would be able to see us if we could meet up with them. So we got in the car to go see them for the two hour window we had. His daughter and family were with them too. It was so great to have a little relaxed time with them here in DC. Usually our time back home in Northport is spent swirling around to visit all our old friends (they all seem to still be there!). We felt especially privileged to have a chance for Pete's grandson and Caed to spend a little time together too. They briefly were both out of the stroller, and they ran with each other, ignored their parents and laughed too. What a treat.


1 comments:

Kayris said...

Cute picture!