CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

In the dark!

This past week we had no power for two days. On Wednesday we had storms come through, and we made it through them. I went out for a run on Thursday morning and came back to my neighbors talking about the electricity being off. It was a hot day. My loving sister Kik suggested buying a fan.....unfortunately that doesn't work without the electricity! It made me chuckle though. Friday morning I got out to keep us cool, and keep mom and son happy. Finally at 3 am the electricity came back Saturday morning. Luckily, my wonderful sister April came over the night before to install the AC's in the windows (in the dark, nonetheless!) So we promptly but the air on when we could. It was an even hotter day on Saturday, so we felt really thankful.

Tonight I am still thankful I can turn on the light in the bathroom again! It's amazing how much you realize you need electricity when you can't use it!

4 comments:

Kiki said...

I think that my braain had melted from all the heat here!!! I can't believe I made such a silly suggestion!!! So glad you are cool now and enjoying the indoors!!!

Rock Chef said...

Hi. I have drifted over from Claire and Kiki's blogs.

We had a short power cut on Sunday morning, which I slept through. Had a nasty shock when I woke up, looked at the clock and thought I had slept through to 2pm!

Claire said...

Really glad to hear the London Broils survived in the freezer - we'll have to ask Rock Chef if they have London Broil cuts of meat in England! Looking forward to being with you all next week!!! love you - Mom

Rock Chef said...

Never heard of a London Broil - sorry!