CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 7, 2008

Empty House

I've taken on a graphic design project that is large and with a super quick turn around. I didn't think I would be taking on any more projects until the babies were at a place I felt I could (many years). This came along and Jon and I talked about it and I decided to take it! So the next two weeks are going to be a little chaotic. I would have to be working every available moment, and that probably would mean that Caed would be watching a lot of TV.

I talked to one of my lovely sister's this week and she offered to meet me half way and take him until TUESDAY! It took one call to Jon and we were packing his bag! Caed was so excited to go and spend time with them- he couldn't wait the half day to leave! I almost missed my sister due to a misunderstanding of her schedule yesterday evening, but it worked out- WHEW! I am so blessed to have the unplanned days to get the work done that I need to.

So our house is now empty without Caed here. Yesterday once I napped, I missed him playing and being around. I've always missed him when someone else has watched him more then a day, but I really felt lonely without him here! I know he's having a great time with his cousins and trying to boss them around- playing with their toys and running away from Brooklyn the puppy. Oh and all the treats and spoiling he'll have done to him too by my sister and her husband.

I'm so thankful how much my family loves our son. In our mom's group we talked about that this week. Being loved by other family members other then mom or dad. Caed's got a lot of that on both of our sides of the family!

4 comments:

Claire said...

Hope you can get a lot done - I know he is having a good time with his cousins - wish I was closer so I could help more!!!

Anonymous said...

Why are you blogging? You should be working!:) We ARE having so much fun and he isn't bossing anyone around. And I have enjoyed the company during the day.

Kiki said...

Heathey, you are soo lucky and Lauren, I hope you can get a lot done while you have the time....wishing I was there!!!

Jess said...

Hi Lauren! Just wanted to leave a comment and say Hi! I haven't been to the Moms' group all semester (been laying low for a few weeks) and I haven't been keeping up with you!!
Congrats on the twins. HOW EXCITING!!
Where's picts of Mommy and babies in her tummy?!
Hopefully I'll get back in the swing of things, esp next semester with the Moms' group!
See you then - hang in there girl!!
-Jessica