CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Voting

Our pastor spoke a great message on Sunday. Being in Washington, DC (and the church location is on Capitol Hill), we are never far from politics and this election is clearly one that is causing tension among a lot of people. Our pastor was doing a series on "elephants in the church" (issues not talked about but thought about by us all) and he spoke on what he called "the political elephant". It was excellent. And it gave me a sense of comfort and peace over my voting decision and what happens- and even those who I know will be voting differently from me. I am okay with it all.

And if you want to have a listen or watch you can check it out here: http://theaterchurch.com/media/message/the-political-elephant/

we'll be voting tomorrow evening even though our vote doesn't count all that much.

5 comments:

Claire said...

I stood in line at 6:40 a.m. until the polls opened at 7 - finished by 7:25 because of the line!!! God is in control!!!

Kiki said...

Every vote matters...I believe that with all my heart, it took me 15 minutes to vote and that is because I was reading all the ammendments that were up for voting!!!!

LPeterson said...

No, our vote in DC doesn't make a difference with the votes from the electoral college and making a decision on a president- I know our vote "matters" it just doesn't make much of a difference like it would in SC or some other state.

Anonymous said...

I feel like my vote is always a little worthless because our state is always blue. But, yesterday,I read the transcript of the sermon that you had linked. Thanks Lauren for posting it. I feel it really helped me adopt the correct (or at least more appropriate) christian response. I feel less negative (and have decided to say less negative things) than I had before. I feel a lot more at ease with the situation now. Thank you!

-Sally

MRS BUTLER said...

Although the election didn't go the way I had hoped, I feel a pressing need to stand behind our new president with prayer and commitment.