CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

always busy!

we've been busy!

our first two weeks on our own, to start off the beginning of month three has been good. The two weeks on my own actually is creating the ability to figure out how these babies want to do things, and how I can help create ways to assist them a little better. So they are tired- I can get them to sleep a couple of different ways, and work to be able to just lay them in their bed for a nap, so I don't have to take so much time all the time to get them to nap. I like the one on one time, but if Caed has a need or the other baby, I want them to be able to fall asleep with little protest in their own bed.

We also changed our nighttime routine. I am trying to get it down so that if I were all alone one night, I'd be able to do it myself (or Jon, or a babysitter (april)). I think it's pretty good and it takes the nursing to sleep out of the equation. Since the babies are so big, I am also looking forward to month three when I'll really wean them from the nighttime feeding. I think that will do a lot for my energy and sanity.

So now they still don't do much, lots of cooing- and tracking. They like the things that dangle in front of them on the bouncy seats now too and it will occupy them for an extra 2 minutes from time to time. I get big smiles from both kids and I have been including caed in some fun with the babies. We take these two rattle giraffes and a soft ball and play a sort of soccer together. It's usually when the babies are on the ground and from time to time they help us and either bat the ball with their hand or kick with their foot (i make them do it) they are quiet when we do this, and it gets caed playing with them. I am trying to be intentional about Caed including them, rather then just being frustrated with their crying (I just have cry-y babies!)

I took our first big outing without Jon or family this past week too. I went to the zoo with all three kids! Of course my good friend pushed caed around with her daughter the whole time- and my other mom friends were willing to hold and cuddle the boys at any point in time as well. So it wasn't really on my own- but it was fun to do, and it went well. I don't know if it would be possible to do it all on our own...Caed wouldn't be able to walk through the whole park.


there are still a couple of things I haven't figured out how to incorporate back into my life, like exercise. I know I don't need to really worry about it at this point, but I miss it. I can't do it in the morning because the babies (and Caed for that matter) aren't reliably sleeping to any normal time. Sometimes they fuss about 6am, sometimes later- and Jon has to get to work. At night I am so dang tired, I am falling asleep at 9:30! (i had an afternoon coffee today so that's why I'm still up now). I just can't seem to figure it in- and i really want to get back to running- the babies are also too small to run with them in the stroller now too..there are some other things I just tell myself I'll have to wait a little longer on too.

okay, now to the pictures:

today as I was about to nurse them they started getting frantic and tried to eat each other. It was hysterical.



I don't know what my camera setting was on, but thought this was funny, albeit blurry.



cheeky babies: (look at thier outfits, cute huh? thanks heather!)


they look like they are dancing- nope only about to throw a fit after all the pictures I was taking



for all the photos of just theron in that other post, here's some of aldan:



he does smile too!



car wash!! poor rado wanted to be involved too!



Caed loves helping his dad wash the cars!!



the sometimes necessary double hold- and jon does it well:


oh, here's the family a couple of weeks ago:


6 comments:

Teagan said...

lauren - you are a champ!

Claire said...

Wow!!! Thank you for a great blog - and satisfying my desire for more photos!!! I am so proud of you and Jonathan - you both are doing a great job!

co and mormor said...

Lauren I enjoyed your blog and the photos of my greatgrans, they are growing fast. They look like a handful. Caed looks like he was having fun washing the car too. Co is looking forward to being with you in a couple of weeks.

Love to everyone Nana (Mor Mor)

Anonymous said...

I want to squeeze them. All of them.

kenady said...

you're family is gorgeous!! and you are so wonderful, patient and brave! i don't know what that i could ever have handled twin babies and a toddler:) you are doing an amazing job!

Nina said...

The pic of all five of you makes me melt!!! So great!