CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Father's Day and Three Months



Whew! We made it. The three month mark in my mind is a significant one. I had all my "help" completed by now and I feel like I can justifiably work on a routine and schedule with the babies. and looking forward in three month chunks just works for me.
The babies are doing well. we go for their appointment on Friday and I am anxious to see their weight gain. I don't dare say this too loudly, but they have been sleeping through the night for 2+ weeks. This involves an early morning wake up but I'll take it. But as a result of this sleeping through the night I tend to go to bed later since I think I won't have to wake up. That's become a problem because I am tired at 6am still! Not good! But without the middle of the night feedings i want to make sure they are still gaining like they should. They are a good size now, I just want to be assured. Theron has been doing a lot of talking which is adorable- and Aldan is practically ready to turn over (he likes to spin in circles on the floor). Big Brother Caed is doing well too- last night he actually wanted to help carry Theron with me! This is big. We've been reading a new book from Jon's Aunt Betsy called 'I'm A Big Brother' and he loves it. I think it's inspired him to recognize the babies are here. heheehe He still calls them both Theron when you ask who is who, which is really funny. But he knows Aldan's name.
I am afraid I'll need to stop nursing them both at the same time soon. They are getting so long that their legs and feet behind me are pushing me further and further to the edge of he couch. i am just not sure how to manage that- and I was hoping they would be a little quicker on the nursing before I had to change. So here's hoping the three month mark gets them to be a little more efficient. I can't imagine nursing for an hour at every sitting.
The picture above is from Father's day. We had a good day- we went to church in the morning and then went over to April's boyfriends parents house to cook out and swim in their pool. the water was a little cool for me (and I'm not ready for a bathing suit yet). Jon got to sit and glance over the newspaper too! We had Tom and April, auntie Co and myself to all watch the kids. auntie April bought the twins the adorable monkey swim suits, t-shirts and hats. We had a great meal that April and Tom put together for us! The night before I cooked a special father's day meal of crab stuffed fish (trader joes) and baked shrimp- steamed asparagus and baked potatoes. luckily my aunt co arrived just in time from Myrtle beach and helped me finish cooking the delicious meal!! (more on her visit later)
I am trying to get the babies down for naps in their beds, and yesterday I was successful! I need to keep going with it because it frees Caed and I up to do some fun things on the main floor without fear of waking the babies. It takes a lot of energy to get them both down though, so I am just forcing myself to do it.
Here's to the next three months!

1 comments:

The stewarts said...

you are awesome, cant wait to see you again!