CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fun Stuff

Well it's been a good week. The babies continue to grow and grow! It's so funny being out and about and people notice that I have two babies...kind of hesitant to ask me if their twins. I'm usually out without Caed- running my errands after I've dropped Caed at school on Tuesday and Thursdays. I've decided that going home to get them both down for naps is just too much work. I'd rather get out and do stuff, come home (or somewhere) and nurse the babies and head down to pick up Caed. I try to always mention that I have him too though- it seems sad to me to not mention him, my big boy!!


We bathe someone every night except Friday nights. That's the night I make a no bath night. then usually Caed gets cleaned on Saturday mornings, and the babies on Saturday night. Then that kind of creates a backlog on washing come Sunday, because we've got small group Sunday evenings, so no one gets washed again, and then I like to give Caed a bath the nights before he goes to school. So Babies don't get washed again until Tuesday evening. I guess I could bathe them Mondays at some point in the day, I just never feel up to it.

The twins eat twice a day, although i bounce back and forth with a third feeding. Right now I do a "lunch" and a "dinner" breakfast seems hard to add with getting Caed out to school- but I may try to commit to it. I don't know. I guess soon enough I'll be able to throw them pieces of things and they can get a morning "snack". It takes some time though to get them both settled to eat, and then clean and change two. Theron eats pretty neatly, but with Aldan sucking his thumb, he tends to get it everywhere because he likes to suck his thumb after every bite! So you can imagine what that means for spinach...green everywhere!!


They sleep mostly well. We've got them into a nice routine of three books and a song and you lay them down and walk out. I used to put Theron down first because he fusses some before falling asleep, but then I realized he fusses more when he sees the door open and shut when you come in with Aldan. So I've started putting Aldan down first.


That goes pretty well. They don't seem to really effect each other with crying. They do some when they are naturally close to being done with their nap- but it's okay. The situation works. This has always been a dread of mine, having to get two babies to sleep in the same room. Again, my friend Michelle encouraged me that they do get used to it, and it won't bother the other. So half the battle was in my own mind. Once I settled that out, then it seemed that they could do it!



Aldan (above) is a sweet sleeper. He's all cuddly, and loves his lovey. he cuddles the thing right up next to his face like he read some book about how to be the cutest baby ever while sleeping.


Theron is a good sleeper too, definitely more like Caed. It's fun to have the two be so distinctly different. We are so thankful for our kids. There aren't any pictures of Caed because I don't have any different ones then I've posted lately. These photos of the babies are from about a month ago.
Aldan is getting three more teeth! He's not been all that agreeable, and extremely drooly. Just helping him getting through this time, I wish they'd just pop through, they are so close- and I think that's what makes all the pain.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Thank you for the abundance of photos and story telling!!!

Grace said...

I love sleeping baby pictures! So sweet:)