CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 20, 2009

Last week

Last week one of my college roomies came for a visit! HL and her 1 yr. old daughter Petra. It was so much fun to have a friend stay with us for a whole week- I feel like I should have been 12- we stayed up late every night, and played hard all day. There were 4 kids in the house! (more on that later)

Aldan got three more teeth- all on top, and all at once. Aldan is now getting himself on his knees and he's scooting around a bit on the floor when he's on his stomach - moving backwards...the steps before moving forward...I think all he wants to do is practice moving. He's not happy just sitting and LOVES when you stand him up. When I try to sit him down he won't bend his knees and insists on standing.

Theron isn't doing much more then what he was. He loves to sit and play and shake and find toys in the bins next to him. It's so funny, but I watched him try to grab a toy that got too far out in front of him, and then he sat back up, and leaned the bin of toys over that was next to him, looked at it for a few seconds and then grabbed something. He was intentional about what he wanted to play with...i loved it. He loves books, and will sit there listening...at the end of reading the shortened board book version of Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Theron gets a big smile. It's like he knows it's crazy all the letters fell out of the tree. He's loving our routine more and more.

Caed is understanding the family dynamic more all the time. It's harder to describe his development because it's a little more complex then crawling and laughing for the first time. He is doing really well and I am really intent on growing his relationship with his brothers these days. He tells us quite frequently that he Loves Us. And it's so sweet, but it really seems like he's saying it because he's grasping more and more how unconditional our love for him is. He'll say it after I discipline him too, which to me is so sweet. I have the oppurtunity to tell him how much I love him after I've had to do something I didn't want to! He likes school a lot and playing with his good friend Aliyah. We are thankful that he is able to develop friendships within our church. Hopefully wherever he ends up going to school next year these relationships will help bridge the transition.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. I know Caed gets the holidays more, and it will be fun to have two more babes to celebrate the holidays with. it will be especially nice to be able to see Jon's family and have them see the boys too.

Pictures to come....

1 comments:

co and mormor said...

thanks for the post..Nana is looking forward to the photos .. Looking forward to Christmas with you. Love Nana & Co