CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

They say it's your Birthday...


Today is Mickey Mouse's Birthday!
It also happens to be shared with me. Caed and Jon baked a cake for me last night, and Jon's coming home early to cook dinner. (Shrimp fra Diablo) This morning Jon and Caed gave me my cards and birthday presents. Jon is taking me out to eat in Baltimore on Saturday to a dinner theater that is showing Irving Berlin's White Christmas! I am so excited about this because I LOVE that movie! I watch it during the holiday season and sing "sisters" with my sisters! The funny thing is just the other day I was singing my rendition with the words "brothers"! Jon said he thought I had come across the gift and that's why I was singing it- but I hadn't! He know me!
They also got me a gift card to McDonalds. Funny, huh? It's because I stop there all the time in the drive through to get one of their special coffees. Jon calls it my Starbucks. We don't have any other drive through coffee places as available as McDonalds....the funny thing is, I have one right around the corner from my house- but they don't make the special Cafe drinks there! I have to be intentional about going to one further away...it's probably good for me. Jon is also getting me a new phone- it's one I've wanted since the spring. I am REALLY excited about this. And the other gift to me today is that at 8am, I went to get the twins, and they were still sleeping!! so they slept until 8:45! A nice slow morning around here!
I am truly blessed!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Happy Birthday Lauren!
Sounds like you're having a wonderful day and it's still early! I hope the rest is just as fabulous!
Jan

co and mormor said...

Dear Lauren
Happy birthday Lauren. Cards in the mail. Sounds like you have had a special day. I love you much.
Nana

Claire said...

What a thoughtful family you have from husband down to the babies!!! Glad it was a special birthday for you!