CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 25, 2009

feeling hot, hot, hot

it went straight from late winter to summer around here this weekend. I am so thankful for the warm weather, and although some of the 70 degree weather would have been a nice transition- we'll take 90 as opposed to 50 and raining.

I wanted to get out earlier today, but it didn't happen. Jon and his dad did a bunch of yard work, and caed played outside to his heart's content. I was what felt like nailed to the couch today. I started the morning nursing the twins separately, and that always makes the sitting so much longer, but really it is nice not to have two babies on your lap fo 40+ minutes.

When Caed woke up from his nap we got the kids in the car and went for some ice cream. I had wanted to walk there, but it was still a tad hot out. so we drove to the ice cream place and walked around the corner to the playground. we had jon's dad with us- so you know where that put one of us? Me, in the way back. I was up for it, instead of leaving Jon's dad back or taking two cars. We also had the double stroller in the back, so I really felt like I was 7. It was so funny. Only fitting our family into the car is strange, but coming from a family of 6, that was all we had growing up. Not sure what else I expect....I do want to carpool and think about carting Caed's friends around with us, but that isn't practical either- I do have twin babies now. And kids Caed's age need carseats, the big super padded ones, that take up half the back seat. We do have an extra seat for our other car which I was using for the occasional friend- not every family does have one, and hooking and un hooking another seat...i probably won't do it that often. I'll now leave that task to Caed's friends'. Miss Katrina, you are really the most patient one with all the car seat moving we've done!

Also last night a part of our wedding aired on TLC Wild Weddings! I forgot it was going to happen (new babies, toddler, lack of sleep, etc..) or else i would have posted something about it. We (Jon) did DVR it so we got to see it this morning, and it was really fun. Wish I had remembered to tell other people. Maybe it will run again, it was practically right in the middle of the show. It wasn't wild, just funny.

Well now it's time to go to bed. the babies gave us a good night last night, so I am not expecting much tonight. It usually goes that way with them (at this point)....here's to hoping we get to church tomorrow..really want that happen.....

0 comments: