CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 27, 2009

good things

last night the babies slept until 3. What a blessing. The cleaning people are here right now so I've showered already too. These things have to happen when they can. I can't plan or think about what the afternoon looks like, I can only deal with an even shorter forecast. That helps me cope a lot. I take the opportunities I have and try to get what I can from the immediate.

Wednesday I want to go to our little playgroup. That's at 10:30. All I will think about is how to feed the babies right before I want to go. I also have an appointment at 10:30 on Friday for them at the pediatrician. I'll do the same thing.

We made it to church yesterday too.

I still have some things I need to work on- with caed, I was a big supporter of the routine eat, play and sleep. I used a loosely based Baby Wise approach. It worked great for us. I haven' t been all that concerned this time around but I'm working on going back to that. It all takes a little more motivation with two babies. If they happen to fall asleep while feeding them I haven't wanted to wake them. So after their appointment on Friday and I find out their weight gains I'll feel better about a routine. I also need to set myself up with a better plan of what to do with Caed while I nurse (for when I'm on my own) and how we'll get out of the house during the summer.

tomorrow they are one month old. whew.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you're doing a great job- tiny victory after tiny victory...

I can't wait to get down there and marvel at how well things are going!

And yeah for an early shower! And yeah for the one month birthday!

Love you all!
Sally

Kurt said...

Way to go, mama! You're going a great job - pacing yourself, going moment by moment, day by day. Congratulations on one month - keep hanging in there!

Peace,
Tara

Claire said...

Sometimes the life of a mom can only be lived out moment by moment - I know you and Jonathan are doing a great job! Wish I was there to help!