CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

coping mechanisms

so today I realized I have a little bit of a coping mechanism that I do.

My friend came over with her daughter, we took all the kids on a walk to the playground and then came home (it went well!!). Then I remembered I REALLY needed milk. I haven't done a grocery store trip with all three yet, and quite frankly it intimidates me. Jon and I went for the first time with all three this past weekend and it went okay- but doing it by myself is too much for me at this point. So luckily we do peapod and order our groceries online and have them delivered. Perfect for this mommy. Anyway. I really needed milk. I was thinking of the best way to have my friend help me. I offered for all of us to go there, park near each other and I run in with the kids in the car, and her watching them all. (my car doesn't fit more then my three kids, so we couldn't ride together) She offered to run there herself with her daughter, but I felt badly dragging her daughter into Safeway herself. So then I thought there's a 7-11 down the street, we can pay the premium one time- and so we agreed that me running down there without any kids was the best idea. So I ran to get the milk while she stayed back with all 4 kids. Now when I went into the 7-11 I grabbed the milk and quickly scanned the shop for anything else I might need. "Nope, we have bread and eggs- I don't need coffee....hmm, but I'll be "trapped" inside all day once I'm out of this store. What might I want later, when i can't leave. Chips? Yes! Chips! And how about a bottle of Coke? Yes! oh, do i want a chocolate bar too? No, I've got chocolate at home. Umm, how about a big bite? Maybe, but I don't think it's acceptable to walk back into my house with my friend watching my three kids, with a hot dog in hand. Unless, I came back with one for her......nah, I don't know if she likes hot dogs. Okay, milk, coke, and Doritos, check! Now I'll be happy with my afternoon when i want a treat."

See, my coping mechanism for not being able to get out easily is a junk food binge! I must promise to make my banana blueberry strawberry smoothie before I open the Doritos and coke!

Maybe I can resist them anyway.

4 comments:

LB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LB said...

Lauren! I think it's safe to say you have earned your Doritos and coke... GUILT FREE! Doing good, mama!
-Laura

kenady said...

wow, life is progressing so quickly. sounds like you are coping just fine with the babies:) you are amazing and have earned your coke and doritos:)

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.