CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Political Giving

I don't like that I can't get spell check to work!

Jon and I have been watching politics since George was up for election the first time. Jon used to work for NBC Network news here in DC, so it's been his interest for awhile. He loves to watch news- not just for content I think, but the style, the shots, the editing....I know he wraps the whole experince up in his brain and digests it all. He was working for NBC news when George got elected. He had to work the inauguration so he saw lots of people up close and personal. He even was the stand-in "George" when they were setting up the microphones and other podium materials. (Although i am not sure how this worked, seeing as how Jon is 6'6" and I am pretty sure George is on the short side. Hmmm. Anyway, it obviously went off without a hitch!) He has done a stake out at Hillary Clinton's DC home, and other very cool things newsworthy- regardless of our political standing.

Jon recently has been interested in the news reports from the elections...I have been so-so. Unimpressed with who I think are the front runners and feeling like the quality people won't make it to DC anyway, and wondering how to find my voice in all things political.

This weekend we gave finacially for the first time ever to a candidate. I am so excited! It wasn't much, but feeling like we are some small part of the process excites me. And I'll try to stay involved so that I won't be making a "lesser of two evils" choice. I do feel like it's a priveledge to have a voice in our leadership, and I'll try to remember that it's the small choices that we need to stay involved in to get the most impact.

0 comments: