CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 11, 2009

Myrtle Beach

So my sister Heather was interested in getting back down to Myrtle Beach this summer. I was interested in getting to the beach at all, and then getting the kids down to see family. When Heather got the okay from her husband to go for the trip, she asked if I could come along. I was in for the trip too! My 89 year old nana lives there, and I desperately wanted to visit with my kids!

I was not underestimating the difficulty of the travel and trip as a whole. I luckily would be travelling with my sister who has two kids of her own and so flexible...and Jon had a work trip to Charleston that was coinciding with my week down in Myrtle Beach. So we were going to meet up and have a couple of days together as a family- then Jon would get to fly back home, and Heather and I would drive back. (lucky dog we had no room in the car!)

The trip down was great. We stopped when we had to, but it was all well timed- we were two moms, Heather's two kids and their German Shepherd, and my three kids. We were quite the caravan.

I ended up getting sick the beginning of the trip. Fever and just sick (i was scared it was going to be the flu). i did get some time on the beach, at my sister's pool and time with family....! It was difficult to haul around two babies, all their gear all the time, and Caed and his needs but there would have been no other way to do the trip. Jon and I had to change our plans for meeting up with him since I wasn't feeling well, but it worked out.

Caed was initially scared of the water, but I got in with him and whisked him around and he came to love it. Then he loved being swung around on the boogie board...he fell off and tumbled in the water a few times and still got up and asked for more! We brought the babies down to the beach one time (a lot of work!) and they chilled out in my sister's yellow sun shelter thing and we brought them to the pool too. The didn't sleep through the night the first night, but they did subsequent nights- and that's all a girl can ask for with the crazy schedule we kept.

Every member of my family helped me out! We had a great time overall....and i still can't believe we did it...so proud of us! We miss the beach...
At the beach, my feet in the sand of the ocean for the first time this year:
Loving boats at the water's edge:
Showing Caed it's fun!:
Playing in the waves:
Really having fun with the boogie board!:
Looking through the screen of the shelter at the twins:
MorMor (swedish for grandmother) 5 great grands and Nana (my mom):

MorMor with the 5 great grands (sorry I chose the wonky photo with my nana making a funny face):


Olivia and Caed dancing to the music at an area called Market Common, a new favorite place in Myrtle Beach:

Jon with the twins:


1 comments:

Claire said...

Love it - also - I went to Dawn's site to see camping photos - heh heh