CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a great Memorial Day weekend, and it really started as soon as Jon got out of work on Friday! We went camping! It was really great, and I intentionally didn't bring my camera because my card was full and didn't take the time to dump it before we headed out. I thought it was okay because if it was successful, we'd go again and I could focus more on taking pictures then making sure Caed was around.

We got to the campsite kind of late, we set up the site and then Jon grilled us burgers! Caed was so excited to eat on the picnic tables in the dark. We also had mac and cheese and beans. Then we dressed him and put him in the tent with a movie (scholastic books) on the DVD player. (we had to have a back-up-make-this-successful tool) He didn't go to sleep watching as I was hoping, but that was okay because shortly after we piled in on either side of him, we turned off the DVD player and then went to sleep quickly. There were even trains running nearby through the night, but it didn't wake him or us! He got up kind of early (6:30) but it was doable. We took a walk with Jon, saw a bunch of turtles, ate breakfast (yay! at the picnic tables again!). And then we went to tour a nearby fort. We really had a great time. We will definitely do it again this summer.

Sunday we went to church, and then we had the opportunity to meet up with my youth pastor and his family from back home on Long Island. Pete has known both Jon and I for forever and he married us too. Cheryl, his wife played the piano at our ceremony as well. They are a special family to us! They were in town visiting with family, but we ran down to meet them at the air and space museum literally walked around and then they had to head back to their hotel for dinner reservations. Their daughter, Janette and her husband and son were there too. That was a lot of fun to do, and unexpected.

Then Monday we spent with April. Visited my dad's spot at Arlington, and Jon, Caed and I took a detour and got to see JFK's spot, and the tomb of the unknown soldier. I've never been and it felt especially meaningful to be there on Memorial Day. I have pictures from this, but I don't have them off the camera yet. I'll post soon.

2 comments:

Kiki said...

Still haven't camped....maybe I'll get to go with you guys this summer, if gas prices EVER come down!!!

Sounds like you guys had a great time....so glad that Caed loved it, that makes it easier!!!

Claire said...

The camping sounds so good to me - how did you do with him going to the bathroom? My main question is always how close the bathrooms are???