CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 16, 2009

120/80

my blood pressure today at the doctor's was normal. That's a praise. (thanks mom for staying late to watch Caed!!)

Getting strong nesting instincts (enough food in the cupboard, treats for Caed, and setting up systems for the next year of babies' life.) and very little sleep.

I can't help waking up to use the restroom in the middle of the night and then laying awake thinking about all the small things I need to remember on our way out the door to the hospital, when the time arrives. Then evaluate if I am having contractions and if I hear Caed talking in his sleep. I also glance out the window every time on my rise from the bed. This annoying habit is a result from when I was in college there were two times that looking out my window caught two bad events- one, our house catching on fire from my hot ashes that I dumped outside (everything was fine, just majorly melted garbage cans) and the second was my roommates car being hit by another car where the driver had fallen asleep at the wheel. Ever since those two events, looking out my window in the middle of the night becomes something that I can't help but do if I'm awake or something wakes me. This hasn't produced any advantages other then some strange middle of the night observations. And certainly when I am getting less sleep it's just another annoyance.

Caed was 11 days late. These two babies seem comfy too. We'll see what happens.

4 comments:

Claire said...

I didn't consider it staying late - I considered it as a wonderful time in the backyard with Caed watching him invent toys and games out of willow branches - amazing - and then having him sing Row Row Row Your Boat while sitting in a make believe kayak - and then he sang Jesus Loves Me better than any Vienna Boys Choir member - that was pure joy - and then - I asked him to make up a song about an airplane and he did! We have got to start making recordings of these songs - they are priceless! Thank you for a fun morning and the fabulour bagel,cheese, sausage egg sandwich - mmm - perfect morning!!! Loved being with you all! See you soon : )

Jan said...

I'm glad to hear that you're healthy and well, but hoping the babies aren't too comfortable!
Yes, please do record Caed singing, he's an amazing little boy!

MRS BUTLER said...

Ha..I have always got up and looked out the window if I'm awake at odd times of the night. But I also pray, pray, pray at that moment..God's little urgings.
You're ready...so are we!
Love you...and...Happy St. Pat's Day!
XX

kenady said...

thank goodness for normal blood pressure:)

it's almost time! how exciting!