CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Smithsonian Kite Festival

It was a gloomy day on Saturday but we decided to try for the kite festival anyway. We first went to it last year with our good friends the Smith's. Caed's good friend who is in Cali until May- so we missed her this year a lot! In fact, at one point Caed told me he was going to call for A, because she was his friend. He wanted her to come and fly his kite with him! It was really precious and made my heart warm that he missed her at a particular event! I really try to stress the importance of our friends- and you can tell it's really growing on his heart....

I was a little worried about my taking part, but decided it was worth it, because heck, I don't have much free time left anyway. The Washington Monument is at 16th street. We finally found a spot at 9th street. I walked the whole way to the Monument! I was proud, but it was a slow go, and involved a potty stop at a museum too. We really had a nice time, and Caed loved his Cars Kite we bought at CVS right before we got there...Too bad it was soo gray out, we didn't get great pictures...

Jon on our walk to meet with his parents who we dropped off at the monument with Caed...foggy day!




















Cherry Blossoms were pretty much closed up, but with today's sun and warmth, they were out a whole lot more!!














0 comments: