CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 6, 2009

Monday's Snow...Friday's warmth!

Okay, I don't have any picture's from today- but it was a bear with Caed anyway- so Monday's picture's would be much more interesting anyway...On Monday we were out of the house by 9:30 in the morning- Caed even asked to skip breakfast to go out in the snow. He was REALLY excited. But I've come to realize, I think his excitement was for eating the snow, not playing in it. Man, I could not get him to stop! It was okay the first day, it's mostly clean- but he was even trying to eat the last of the snow around the street signs this morning! We all know what pees around those, right? Yuck!

He loved playing in it, and didn't want to go in until finally he was pained enough to be forced in, and then the process of "defrosting" was even more painful. But it's fun that he doesn't care at this stage if snow gets packed into his hood and melts down into his sweatshirt- he's enjoying it.

And it was relatively short lived snow anyway- today it was in the 60's, if not the 70's, and tomorrow is promised to be even nicer! My tulips will be VERY happy. They've started pushing through the soil. I meant to get some pictures of that with the snow around them...oops.

Last night we had a brief scare that I might have to deliver- I had been to a doctor's appointment in the morning and my blood pressure was higher. I left before the doctor and nurse had communicated that to each other, and then my doctor was worried. Like, called my home a few times and tracked down Jon on his cell. I finally got back to the doctor and I had to go in before the end of the day and get my blood pressure taken again. Luckily it was fine- but if it wasn't, I was heading to the hospital for blood tests. If that came back that I needed to deliver then I would be there for good. So I called Jon home, packed a bag and we headed over. I was sure that we were going to be delivering, and was NOT feeling ready! I was so thankful that we have a little more time! But I did have good timing in having three sets of our home key made! And I prepped all our other keys and as much as I could- it's good to know what we still need to have taken care of!

Now on to the pictures from Monday!

Caed all ready for some sledding~ I can't wait to get a couple more sleds next year and I get to go!!


He voluntarily made a snow angel, although it looks like I am making him in this photo:


I taught him to pick up the sled and walk over to me- (to get to the bottom of the hill, there are steps, it's REALLY convenient)



Proof that me and the babies were along too! It's really difficult to find winter snow clothes that actually fit!


Later in the day, at 5, Jon took Caed out again. It was a little more fun for me because I got to watch them do all the work and could just laugh and take pictures. With Jon on the sled with Caed they went a lot faster and further! I'm glad I didn't try it!


Here they are:



One photo of Jon going down by himself...it was too funny on the small toboggan (the sled, not hat for you southerners)!



2 comments:

Claire said...

I'm laughing so much from the hat/toboggan comment - loved the photos too!!!

MRS BUTLER said...

Great pics, Lauren...thanks alot..and Jon, yes, thank you for making me laugh...Ha..you're a rip!