CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 27, 2009

going well

Well according to my doctor's appointments this week everything seems to be going along just well. At my ultrasound appointment the babies are big (about 11 pounds of baby at this point). At my ob appointment, he doesn't think they'll come early. My doctor won't think about inducing until week 39.

All this was kind of frustrating- but in deeper thought about it, this is what I want. Babies big enough to thrive. I want my body to deliver healthy babies. I am looking forward to doing what I have the ability to do in these last few weeks while a third of my family is still being held by me.

Today we went to the zoo with some friends- and I walked (albeit more slowly) through the park. But I liked not worrying about doing that. Caed was 11 days late, and he was nearly 10 pounds. I don't think we have much to worry about with these babies, but we'll keep praying until they arrive! (and here's to more time to figure out the final names!!)

And I am so blessed with family and good friends around me to keep supporting me, offering lots of help and listening to my complaints! Last weekend they all showered me with such blessings with brunch and gifts. I've wanted to post about it- just waiting for my sister to send me some pics!! My sisters' Heather and April were here helping clear out the room and painting and organizing after the festivities. My good friend Katrina came over, gave up her daughter's nap time to help finish up some organization in the nursery too. we are getting closer to actually being ready. We''ll get a little more time when April comes over in the morning and watches Caed while we go out and run errands!




2 comments:

Claire said...

I am so happy for you all -
"He tends His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11.
May He gently lead you through the coming days. Love to you - Mom

MRS BUTLER said...

I've been busy "nesting" for you, Lauren..painting Carrie's old room AGAIN! Waiting so patiently for a call from you all and ready WHENEVER you want us to come and help...
Loving you all
Mrs. B.