CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Snoring, Stretch Marks and Swollen

These days are not very easy. I don't expect a walk in the park. But it's really been hard to find joy in the way I feel. I am super joyful that everything has gone so great so far. But I can't help but dreaming of an end of the pregnancy like with Caed. It was filled with walks through Rock Creek Park, mild hiking, and long daily walks with our dog Khaki. I was up for anything! At the end I was mildly swollen from retaining water but that was the worst of it. I didn't have many stretch marks. We only had one car, so if I wanted to get around I walked and took the metro everywhere (since I wasn't working). This time it's different. Since measuring 40 weeks (several weeks ago) I have been developing stretch marks. I have been retaining water from sun up to sun down. and I have a nasty snoring problem. It's so bad that twice it's caused that thing in the back of my throat (uvula) to swell and cause me to throw up. I already have a more sensitive gag reflex. It's not fun to throw up when you are this pregnant. And the feeling of your uvula swollen is scary. At this point too, when I turn over at night, I feel like I am literally flipping two babies with me.

I do have better days and times of days- but this past week it was harder for me to get a nap in a few of the days because we were busy. I still rested, but no napping. It culminated to a terrible night's sleep on Friday night, waking with the swollen uvula on Saturday. I am incredibly blessed to be having two babies at once. I can't believe it still. I can't wait to meet them and hold them and see how incredibly crazy our lives are going to be in reality. I think about it all the time. (how can get some semblance of order now for the other side? I don't think it's possible!)

I've taken a nice nap today and I am feeling a little better (dish of ice cream helps!) but yesterday was a tough one.

6 comments:

Teagan said...

lauren,

i can't imagine. you have my prayers.

love you.

Kiki said...

Sweet sister, I'm sorry, but soon, focus on that, soon they'll be in your arms and all this will be forgotten. LTY.

katrinahsmith said...

I love this post. I know, public posting about body functions-maybe that's an odd thing to find funny. (Maybe because these are the things that I want to hear about and miss our daily conversations!) I can't help but hear through the discomfort your love for these babes.

Miss you tons.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sister...you don't have to go this alone. As I have said before...nothing like carying around half of your family in your stomach.

Claire said...

Love Heather's comment!! Wish I was there to help you dear daughter - my prayers are with you through the day and for the new little ones.

co and mormor said...

I am praying for you and the babies everyday. Also Jon and Caed. I love you all. Nana