CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Milestone

Today I hit a milestone in the pregnancy that I've been mentally preparing for and hoping I'd make. I am at 34 weeks today. That means I can now officially deliver at my hospital. yay!

Now that said it's better for the babies to stay cooped up for another couple of weeks, until 37 weeks- so I'll be looking to that. But this is all a game in my head anyway, Caed was 10 days late. Now you'd think I'd be sure of an early delivery because I'm carrying twins...but I am not. And I've been hearing more and more of women going full term with twins. And my doctor doesn't predict an early delivery either. That is another popular question through the whole pregnancy- does my doctor think I'll deliver early? No, he has never stated anything of the sort, but has always cautioned that it could happen. But he doesn't say he thinks I'll be delivered by any sort of date. We just hold on as long as we can.

The other thing that's been on my mind is the likelihood of going into labor naturally versus being induced. With Caed since I was 10 days late, I was induced. My labor was controlled (for the most part). I am almost assured that this time around it will happen on it's own. And that has made me think a lot about how going into labor with a toddler and a husband with an hour commute away looks like. We'll work it out somehow, but it's strange to think it didn't happen like that the first time around. Now I can think about it all over again since I didn't get the trial run the first time with Caed.

Here's to three more weeks!

3 comments:

Claire said...

I wish I could tell you to stop thinking but I really believe that it is better to be mentally prepared for all eventualities!!! I am preparing for all of you every day!!! God bless!

Claire said...

Meant to say "praying" - had to enter this twice so if it shows up more that once it is all Google/Blogger's fault!!!

Teresa said...

Wow...I can't believe that you are almost full term already...it seems like you just announced your pregnancy...I'm sorry that's probably hard to hear people say that...it always goes faster for the people not carrying the bab(ies).

You are amazing...I don't know how you handle having all those (beautiful) home renovation, a toddler and carrying twins...and you do it with such GRACE. You're an amazing woman and I have a hunch with your praying Mama that everything is going to work out perfectly. :)