CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

By all accounts this is one of the saddest weekends.


I will choose to look at three good things from this weekend rather then the sad and cling to those thoughts.


1. I got a nice long walk with Khaki by myself on Saturday morning. It wasn't the best weather, but since I don't get to do that all that often I find that to be really enjoyable. I could have kept walking and walking with her. I am happy that despite the busy morning I was able to do that with her.


2. We saw a rainbow yesterday! Even though I am not sure Caed could understand what he was looking for, it was our first attempt to show him one. We read Noah's Ark all the time and I think it's such a cool and tangible way for a toddler to understand a Bible story more. (and it's a nice reminder that although Saturday's events were very sad, that the Lord will comfort our hearts)


3. I had a little time to myself this morning. Jon has been sick, and we were working the nursery this morning, so I had him keep Caed and I went by myself. I actually found myself recharged even though I wasn't a part of the service at all today. Sometimes a little time to myself gives me the boost I need to get through the day.


6 comments:

Kiki said...

Lauren, Words fail me and while I sit here crying I am comforted knowing what a wonderful life you,Jon and Caed gave Khaki, she was well loved and isn't that all any dog asks of us??? You did it so well. Love you dear sister. All my love today especially!!

Claire said...

It is hard for me to write - because there is just such an incredible amount of sadness that comes from thinking about Khaki being gone. You and Jon were so perfect for Khaki and Khaki was so perfect for you - the vet assistant I talked with this weekend said several times how you both did the most loving thing that you could have done for her. Our hearts go out to you all as you go through these days.
Love -
Mom

pgvet2 said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Wayne

April Joy said...

i kept looking at the pics of khaki while I was in PA and it just doesn't seem real. i'm sorry i wasn't here to help. my heart is broken over it though and Heather and I both thought of you often through the weekend...

Anonymous said...

"His eye is on the sparrow..." I know that Khaki finding you and Jon was the Lord's provision to take care of the least of us. I am sorry that you had to go through that...praying for you.

kenady said...

I'm not quite sure what to write. I am crying now as I cannot imagine how hard it must have been for you. I posted a pic of my precious puppy dog and realize how much she has enriched my life over the last 6 1/2 years. I really would be beside myself if I had to make that same decision. Love to you and yours, k