CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Pat's Day!

Every year that I've been married to Jon I've made corned beef and cabbage for St. Patricks Day. This year we will not be carrying on that tradition.

I came down with a severe form of the flu last week. It was pretty horrible. There were sleepless nights, crying, and calling my mother at 2 am in South Carolina. At times i thought it would be better to be dead then to be feeling the way I did. I am still recovering and only here at the computer now because I've taken some Dayquil and feel a little normal. Caed came down with it too, so right now Jon's sleeping in our bed with him, while I slept on the couch. (our guest room bed isn't comfortable enough for my achy body this week) I've got Jon home one more day, and then he goes back to work. I need to start feeling better so I can take care of us this week and then prepare to travel this weekend.

On those days that feel really bad, I need to be reminded that I've been through this. This was REALLY bad.

5 comments:

Kiki said...

Oh Lauren, I feel terribly that you were so under the weather for this weekend past. I hope that you and your family get and stay healthy for this weekend...
I never do anything for St. Pats Day since leaving NY, nothing seems the same since I don't have that awesome parade to attend!!!!

Claire said...

Hope today is a better day for the three of you - I am glad you are improving - give yourself some time to recuperate - and that start packing!!! I will help you all I can this weekend.
love, Mom

April Joy said...

i'm sorry i couldn't be of more help to you! but i definitely appreciated all the help you gave me!

Anonymous said...

Wish I was righ t around the corner so I could help you more...can't wait to see you this weekend!

Logzie said...

I was a little behind on the blog reading so forgive me for commenting so late on this one BUT...I could not help but to tear up about the whole situation. I have been there too and it's so hard to take care of kids when you yourself are the one who needs to be taken care of! Then when I read your Mom and sisters comments...I did tear up! I love how you support one another! What a special family you all have!!