CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Missing Pictures

So yesterday I gave the green light to Jonathan to erase the pictures on our Camera memory card so that he could use the camera to take pictures for work. He asked me in the morning, and I reviewed a few of the pictures and I thought I got most of them onto my computer but I couldn't be bothered with coming downstairs to my computer and double checking, so I was okay with the couple I thought I was going to loose. Turns out that I saved less of the pictures to my computer then I thought. I am so bummed because I had like three good posts with some of those pictures. Including the fire up the street with all the fire trucks out right before nap time a few weeks ago. Turns out that the woman who lives there left her basement with her dryer running (who doesn't?) and came back to a fire. They broke every single window in the home (every one!) even though the fire was in the basement and she let the firemen into the home when they arrived! Anyway, I also had an after shot of the home. It's very sad and scary!


I took some pictures of the flowers that are in bloom around here now too- the sprouts of the tulips, the daffodils and the crocuses are blooming now....and one of my favorite flowers, the snow drop which always starts blooming in winter- and has now faded. I am so bummed at missing these shots, because I worked really hard to get a different shot then other years.


And then I had some funny ones of Caed too.


There are lots of things like that with me, I'd rather not be bothered or take the time to double check. I can't stand that actually because it means that I forget things and run myself ragged all the time. How do I make myself take the extra step and just double check things in situations like that?
A new subject...
I've been thinking about our trip last year to St. John. It seems like such a distant memory with the busyness that Jon's been in with this new job. We hope one day to go back and bring our kid(s) with us. It was affordable and beautiful, and not built up at all. So here are some warm beachy thoughts instead of all the planned home-y thoughts....

2 comments:

Kiki said...

Lauren, I do the same thing, laziness is what I attribute it to...I am so lazy!!! I have been trying to find some good pictures to take of the daffodils around here, but they are on the side of the road and I can't stop to take them....I'll have to work on it!!!

kenady said...

I can't imagine either of you are truly "lazy". For pictures I usually scroll through on the camera and delete those I do not want and then download to the computer. I do it almost daily so that I don't lose the photos I worked so hard to capture.

I do love the photos of the beach! I feel all warm and fuzzy and now I cannot wait for summer:)