CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Cherry Blossom Parade

Dodging the rain Caed and I went downtown to the Cherry Blossom Parade. (Jon had some computer appointments to take care of) I've lived here for 8 years, and I've never been. April met us down there too. Going this year, I thought Caed would be able to process it well, but I can't tell you exactly how wonderful he thought it was! If you ask him about the parade now, he'll tell you all the things he saw. He loved the music, floats, clowns, trucks, huge balloons and marching bands! He clapped and waved and wanted to stay glued to our shoulders. We even had the opportunity to check out some Navy trucks and Caed did well with other people helping him and holding him so he could do it! It was such a fun day, and I was only able to do it so well because I did have April there to help too. Thanks Auntie April! And when Caed wakes up tomorrow asking for you again, you are getting a phone call, and you can come get him!

Bob the Builder balloon:





Clapping to the music:


The old bikes. A couple of years ago we went down to a parade and they fell off these bikes. I was scared to watch this year!


Mom and Son. see how frizzy my hair was? It was so humid and rainy that my hair without any product couldn't hold up. By the end of the day it was looking beautiful!


i thought this was an appropriate part of the parade, singing 'Singin' in the Rain'! :

Garfield float:

Checking out the Navy trucks:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caed takes a photos like daddy did...:) I am glad you got to see the parade.

MRS BUTLER said...

Nice pictures.....nice hair,Lauren

kenady said...

Love the pics!! I miss the Cherry Blosson Parade:) Thank you so much for sharing with us:) And your hair looked magnificent.