CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Khaki girl

When we came into our house this afternoon after being gone for a couple of hours, Caed called for Khaki. We used to call her and simultaneously she'd be right at the door. It's been since that first week since he's done that. He's mentioned her and called for her in the house (he wants to give her treats most of the time), but calling her at the door, which I tend to have a strong desire to do almost every time, was the first he's done since that first week.

We miss our dear girl.

6 comments:

Claire said...

She really was the perfect dog - and you and Jonathan were excellent owners - you could always sense how grateful she was to be with you all. Love to you - Mom

Kiki said...

{{hugs}} toy ou dear sister today, thinking of Khaki and her quiet sweet ways...I know staying at your house will not be the same without her sneaking up into bed with Ken and I in the morning.

April Joy said...

I'm so sorry Lauren. You know how much she meant to me and how much I miss her too. I understand completely.

MRS BUTLER said...

There was a time months later that I thought I heard the clinking of Jessy's collar....a sadness, then peace that my pet was out of pain and that I had known her...Oh, that I had loved her. Such is with your Khaki....

Logzie said...

{{HUGS}} to you. I am so sorry!

Anonymous said...

I have something that I can give you that would make you feel better maybe...not as quiet as Khaki (she will chase a ball) and a little bigger and hairier...I miss that Khaki girl...