CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spinach & Artichoke Dip

This weekend I made a great Spinach and Artichoke dip. There's lots of unhealthy things about it, but I was asked for the recipe. I didn't really want to share it because of how simply caloric it is for you, but it was a nice treat. I decided I'd share, although, I just grabbed it from one of my favorite recipe websites: allrecipes.com and I saw it had a lot of good reviews (855 of them!). One thought about it, if you try it- combine all the ingredients in a bowl, and mix together, then pour into the dish you are going to cook it in. The way it's written seems to indicate layering, but that's not how it should be...I doubled the recipe for what I was using it for, and it still came out great (and I do have lots of leftovers!).

So here it is:

Spinach & Artichoke Dip Restaurant Style

4 cloves garlic

1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained


1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped


1 (10 ounce) container Alfredo- style pasta sauce

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened


DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).


2. Place garlic in a small baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven 20 to 30 minutes, until soft. Remove from heat. When cool enough to touch, squeeze softened garlic from skins.

3. In an 8x8 inch baking dish, spread the roasted garlic, spinach, artichoke hearts, Alfredo-style pasta sauce, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and cream cheese.

4. Cover and bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until cheeses are melted and bubbly. Serve warm.


5 comments:

Kiki said...

Sounds so good, I am going to try it this weekend...if you go to The Great Walls of Baltimore and ask her to check out the recipe, she has great tips for "lite-ing" up recipes....just a thought!!!

Claire said...

Thanks for the recipe - it sounded so good while you were making it!!! Have a great day!
love you - Mom

Kayris said...

Replace half the alfredo sauce with fat-free plain yogurt and use fat-free cream cheese. Presto!

LPeterson said...

Mommyk- love the tips, thank you. I'll try that next time, I am sure there will be no difference. I didn't even think about yogurt being a good replacement.

Mom and kik, try it mommmyk's way and let me know if you get to it before me!

Kiki said...

See, MommyK has lots of tricks up her sleeve for making recipes lighter, but all the taste stays!!! I'll try it next week.