CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Traveling and a little sun

Next week we head off to CT to visit Jon's grandmother and Aunt Betsy. We take off on Monday and Caed and I will stay with Aunt Heather and Uncle Jerry. On Tuesday we head up to Connecticut. We will also get a short visit with my college roommate (randomly chosen, and stuck together for all 4 years!) Janet and her husband Mark, and daughter Hailey and baby on the way. Jon will (hopefully) fly into Hartford to join us on Thursday evening, and then we'll return back to his grandmother on Saturday for an overnight visit and head home together on Sunday.

It will be a great road trip, not too far, and dad comes to help finish out the end.

I can't help but feel a pull to the beach though! I'll plan that trip soon.

Today I got out for a walk/ jog with our new jogger stroller (2nd time) and with today's sun, once I was out, I noticed tonight that I have a little redness. I was wondering why I could see white wrinkles next to my eyes when I looked in the mirror after Caed was put to bed. Then I came downstairs and saw a watch mark. Too funny. I never get sun in this city life!

With potty training Caed, today we had a milestone. I convinced him to go 'peeps' standing up at a bush! We were on a long walk home from the playground and I knew he had to go. It was really funny and as a mom with minimal boy experience, this made me laugh and feel so proud! At least he stayed dry! Oh the joys of motherhood!

1 comments:

Logzie said...

I am doing the exact same thing right now with my youngest. We potty trained her and she's doing great but now we are in the stage of taking her places with under pants on and hoping that she stays dry...so far so good and YES that does make a Momma proud!