CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Grandma Mary's memorial service

We travelled down to Myrtle Beach on a Friday. Saturday morning we got back into the car and headed for another 4+ hour trip to my Aunt and Uncle's house in North Augusta, SC. They had a memorial service for my dad's mother who died before Christmas. Honestly, I was a little frustrated to be driving like we were after a big trip the day before. But it was a great trip and it was so nice to meet and see again my dad's side of the family. We didn't spend much time with them growing up, but they love and cared for us like we'd known each other forever. We just had a family time talking about our memories of my grandmother, and it was fun to hear other people's stories and to hear some of the kids words too. True joy. Caed loved the horses and the open space of the property. He loved the big kids and all the attention.

I feel so blessed that these pictures are all of my family! (besides Caed has my maiden name as his middle name, so it's nice to have him with that side of the family)









They buried her under a new Rose of Sharon Bush. She had asked to be buried there.











All of us Adare's! This picture seems crazy to me that we were able to take one with so many family members present. I've never been part of the family like this:

My Aunt Margaret's family:

2 comments:

Claire said...

Thank you so much - I didn't realize how much these photos would mean to me until I saw them. How thankful I am that you were there taking the photos. Love to you today.

Kiki said...

These pictures are great, I'm so glad you posted them and I feel sorry for missing it!!!