CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

His Whole Life

Last week I was outside the building museum on a grassy area and I asked Caed who was trailing off the area to come back closer to me. He replied very sternly to me:

"Mom, I am dreaming about my whole life!!"

he didn't want to come over, and surprised by the answer, I told him to come over to me again and with his finger pointing out and everything he repeated:

"I am dreaming about my whole life!!"

How does a 2 year old dream about their whole life?

They take it from a line in a movie that his mommy let him watch. Disney's Cars is the movie of choice (watched on our portable DVD player on our multiple travels this summer) and today I heard the line after Caed chuckled when the character said it, and then he repeated it. It's a barely noticeable line, but he thinks it's particularly funny, but serious as evidenced it how he used it to respond to me last week.

Too much.

Another funny Caed thing is that he's been asking pretty regularly to go to my nana's house (his mormor) to play with her trucks. She has at least a dozen Hess toy trucks that she brings out when the kids at at her house- but she's a good 7 hour drive, so stopping by isn't possible. Today after his nap he asked to put on his shoes, and so we put them on, and then he said "okay, let's go to mormor's house now." It breaks my heart because I would love to take him to see her (trucks) right then and there! I let him talk to her yesterday on the phone and it only made him more upset that he could hear her but he couldn't go there!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is amazing that he put that commment in the proper context..smart man. And I know what you mean about being able to just go to SC when they ask. Randomly my kids will say, "Caed would love that" or even "It smells like Myrtle Beach" and I could cry because it is so fres in their minds.

Anonymous said...

Yes, fres in their minds....

Claire said...

I wish I had blogs so I could have kept track of all the fantastic things all of you girls said when you were growing up - I love hearing this stuff!!!

Unknown said...

I love it! It brightened my day. He's very cute! :)

Kayris said...

I have seen that movie probably 12 thousand times and can't place that line! Guess what movie we'll be watching tomorrow?