CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

All by myself

He's two and frequently reminds us so.

Lately Caed has taken to telling me he wants to do it "all by myself". Today it cracked me up when I told him to get his sandals for a walk and he told me "mom, I'll do it all by myself and you can help me". Doesn't that scream two year old? He wants to do it himself but he knows that he needs my help, but doesn't quite want it. He'll quite frequently ask for help with something and when I arrive over to help him he tells (read: yells) that he can do it all by himself.

Tonight he was starting to walk up the stairs and in an effort to help the process I started to take his hand and he yelled that he wanted to do it "all by myself". So I gave in to walk up slowly. On our way up he stopped with the fire truck he was holding and I tried to get him going, but he informed me the fire truck was "getting gas". I tried to hurry him up anyway, and he kept insisting that the truck get gas. So it was a very slow walk up the stairs, and I let it be...not a usual occurence for me..

At a nap time visit to the potty, Jon left him on the potty to get something, returned and Caed had so nicely unraveled the entire roll of toilet paper in a nice heap on the floor. It is still sitting in a heap on the floor. Jon said he had to resist a smile when he saw it. What do you do with unused tp that's off the roll? Just toss it all?

5 comments:

Kayris said...

Boetter on the flor than in the toilet! My son unrolled a whole roll and then tossed it in. And then peed on it. I had to get rubbeer gloves and stick my hand in there and pull the whole wad out. Gross!

He sounds so cute!

Kiki said...

Oh MommyK...that is pretty gross, the pee sealed the deal that toilet bowl would have been waiting for Ken to clean it out!!!

Lauren, I read and caught up....that Caed is amazing and his dance skills will be fine...I'll take him to the club, with aunties like April and I he'll be fine!!!

kenady said...

Not sure what to do with the tp... maybe use the stuff on top?

He's definitely 2! And adorable:)

shauna said...

It was such a much needed thing to catch up on your life today. I feel completely caught up now. That's great. You ARE a part of a precious family and Caed is so blessed to have you as a mommy! I love you and miss you so much!

Teresa said...

I love how you said that it just screams 2 year old! Love it! Ah, my 2 year old daughter just did that last week...unrolled the whole roll onto the floor but I'm so cheap...we used it anyway! LOL!! Serious.