CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 21, 2009

The Blog World


Right before Aldan and Theron were born I had read on another Bloggers blog that she was coming to DC.
We only came on her randomly through my sister Kik. I don't know her, other then her blog. But all my sisters (and me) and mom read and comment on her blog and we had a blogger friendship with her. She has the funniest stories, and writes pretty down to earth. She's a mom to three kids lives in the midwest, and shares about their travels, her children, her faith and just life in general. After my grandmother died we wrote her and asked her to keep us in her prayers. So this was someone who we all were comfortable with and she was comfortable with us, through this electronic world.
When I read she would be here shortly after the babies birth and my mom would be here. My sister had met bloggy friends before- so I suggested my mom try to meet her. I wasn't sure how it was going to work- I had newborns...but we worked it out, and her and her son came for a visit. Jon was a little skeptical about inviting a blog friend (how did we know she wasn't really a random truck driver coming after his family?) but I was pretty confident we'd have a good time. We did!
Picture above is my mom with Logziella*.
*not her real name

2 comments:

Kayris said...

When I met Kik last year, my husband was worried about it a little. And I told him we were meeting in a public spot so if she showed up with an axe, I could just run away. LOL. And of course, Kik is not an axe murderer and we had a lovely time. I also got to meet with Logzie in April, and we had a wonderful time. That's a great picture!

LPeterson said...

if you ever want to come down to dc for a museum or zoo I'd be up for it too....i just had another friend tell me that she's had all sorts of visitors visit from all over the world..australia, belgium....kik is furthest from an axe murderer of course- but the hesitancy is there until you finally just meet. i know kik loved it.