CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Co



my mom's younger sister, our "other mother", Auntie Co came to help me for the last week of official help.

I lined up 3 months of help after the twins were born. The first three months after Caed was born was the hardest for me. Mentally my world was changing. I was no longer only responsible for myself. I couldn't just head out to dinner with a friend. Jon and I had to plan when we wanted to go out.....all the things that changed kind of took adjustment for me. I don't think I was depressed, but I was certainly unsure of myself and the decision to bring children into the world after that. Luckily, three months went by and life started sinking in and melding together. Adding Caed had given our family a great new dynamic. Well I was worried about what bringing in twins was going to do, so when it was recommended to get help, i quickly tried to line it up. Oh it was so good to have the help- someone to help do laundry, cook, empty the dishwasher and keep the days from feeling so lonely. The help initially was survival. Do you know that statistically parents of multiples have a higher divorce rate? That sits at the back of my mind during our more stressful times. It's important for Jon and I to keep communicating. Do you know how hard it is to communicate with newborns- let alone twin newborns? Man, it's hard! Anyway- we were given such a gift to keep a lot of stresses low for us the first three months for the most part. The yard and home were kept running, as well as keeping the schedule. The middle of the nights were kept stress free too. We were thankful!

So Auntie Co came the last week...and we had FUN! Trips to Trader Joe's, IKEA (while she fed one of the boys a bottle!!), the zoo, and an amazing afternoon out just the two of us. Jon came home early and I got to go get my haircut!! Woo-Hoo!! I didn't get anything drastic done like I was thinking about, but it was so nice to get a mini break and get a little pampered. Jon did a feeding here at home (see he never backs down from a challenge!) and while Co was getting her hair finished up, I got to go to the bookstore and have a coffee and read parts of books (about parenting twins, of course!). It was such a nice time. We really had a blast together. She played with caed, setting up a mini construction site, read stories to him and helped keep him in line too. I was so thankful to have co here. She is a special part of our life and she is missed!

A lot of people ask Co and my mom if they are twins they are together...seriously, a lot. I've been there when they are and it's so funny. But my mom and her sister, when they are together are a lot of fun!! They make you laugh your head off- tell the funniest stories and are up for whatever adventure lays ahead. And I know that Co took the week with us as an adventure. She walked everywhere with us, and we had lots of fun treats. My sister Heather even came for the day and hung out when Co was here, what fun to have us altogether! We met up with AJ on her lunch break too. Everyone loves to be around when Co's there! We love you Auntie Co!













3 comments:

Claire said...

I am so thankful for a sister like you, dear Co!!!! You're the bomb!!!!

Kiki said...

So sweet Lauren, precious post...I read them all but am commenting here to save time....the boys, all fo them, are amazing!!!!

co and mormor said...

I had a great time in DC with your
family. I look forward to coming again. The boys were great fun.