CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 23, 2009

dinner plates

they shall remain nameless...



But it's funny. We had 6 plates. It wasn't the number we wanted, but it got us through visitors and daily meals. I had broken two others from our original set of 8. Then another got broken. It's funny how all of the sudden 5 plates isn't quite enough. It's funny that every time I open the door and there are no plates I think of one nameless person. It brings a smile to my face.



So we took out the back up stack in our hutch, and actually I like it a lot. We were given the set we're using from good friend's of ours for our wedding. the Butler's were SO thoughtful and got a replacement set of dishes that we used in our home, but my parents gave to them after one of our moves. So now we're using the set rather then pulling it out on nice occasions, and I like that.



I am just amazed that 5 plates couldn't cut it on a daily basis anymore for two adults and one child (he doesn't even use the china plates!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping me nameless. At least the plate didn't go down without a fight - I had that bruise for a good couple of weeks. Sorry again! Sorry for flooding the basement, too.

Claire said...

Dear Anon - At least you didn't destroy the dog's bowl - twice - they're still talking about that!!