CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Bathroom

Don't worry, this isn't going to touch on anything remotely undesirable.

We have our groceries delivered by Peapod (wonderful luxury!) and we were on our way out the door when the running late delivery wasn't running as late as they said showed up. So we got Khaki back in the house, Caed out of the stroller, and the task of getting the refrigerated items was at hand. While I was putting our groceries away, Caed was traipsing around the house. Then, I hear a squeak come from the bathroom and then water running. Caed has figured out how to turn on the faucet, and he's tall enough to reach it now. And he can push it enough to get a good stream running too. The problem is that it's the hot water he can reach. Small hazard for a toddler in the house. So I start to play "oh you can reach it, let me turn it off, put more groceries away and come back and turn it off again" game. I don't really have the availability to discipline this at the moment, so I let it go as I try to hurry as fast as I can. Then I come and look (make sure he's not touching the hot water) and for some reason he's taken the empty toilet paper roll that was in the trash and pulled off the remaining small pieces and started putting them in the sink with the running water- and then there are small pieces of TP scattered in my small bathroom. So we now have time for a quick disciplining moment of teaching "no-no" for the bathroom trash. I distract him enough and we retreat to the rest of the house for destruction while I finish getting those groceries away!

It's amazing that in 16 short months the progress he's made developmentally. And even though things like this are frustrating and make every task longer, I try to sit back and think of how quickly this time passes. We are truly blessed with our son.

0 comments: