CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sunday, end of the weekend

A new work week starts tomorrow. This weekend we didn't do too much- and nothing too festive either. We took in a couple of garage sales (actually sales at churches with mass amounts of stuff) and relaxed together with tasks here at home. I did get to do some yard work which I thought was enjoyable and somewhat "festive". I am closing up all the plantings....I have decided to move my veggie garden to the front of my house next year, in hopes to get more then 3 tomatoes, 2 green peppers and 1 zucchini! (it was a lot of work just for those!) So that entails moving some things and pulling out other things. I don't profess to be a landscaper, but I'll make a go at a nice flowering yard (Jon takes care of the grass) this coming spring. I am also clearing out a shared piece of planting between our neighbors and our house. It's totally overgrown and I want to figure out something a little more polished for the area. My neighbor doesn't mind, so I'll come up with something! Jon was busy with pressure washing the front steps- we're trying to change the current purple to gray, and so he's in the process of cleaning them off..the house will look totally different without the purple steps to look for. Jon did get a little football watching time in today, which he enjoys getting Caed to watch the 5 minutes that's he's interested for, with him.

Pictures soon to come, but still may be a few days off, we've got a busy week ahead of us! Tuesday I'll be filing a claim in small claims court (yuck) and Wednesday I am off to an all day conference in Baltimore for some graphic design stuff. Thursday we have a college friend of Jon's coming for dinner at night. Pretty soon we're back to the weekend!



3 comments:

Brian & Teagan said...

lauren! i like your new blog look!

cadare said...

I love the new photos!!! especially the LI ones - and Horton lighthouse - these are great to see - thank you for doing this - it really makes me feel like I am not so very far away!
love to you-
Mom

Kiki said...

You can't be too busy for pics...come on...give me some of my gorgeous nephew to hold me over till I see you people again! LoveToYou dear sister.