CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Horton Lighthouse

My maternal grandfather's family are Horton's- descendants of the early Long Island Settlers. (I think I have that right?) My mom has always loved to bring us to the Horton Point Lighthouse, but the significance was not understood until I went back myself with Caedmon when we were out in Southold visiting the in-laws. I was out looking for Tractors, and saw a sign for the lighthouse and then decided to go. When we got there it was beautiful. Beautiful weather and setting. I took a few photos and really had a great time on this little unexpected adventure.

The lighthouse:



Getting Caed to sit still on my own was a little tricky:



Another:



On the bench on the lighthouse property:



Flagpole on the property:



0 comments: