CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Not too busy

I'm not too busy to think of my grandmother Mary tonight. She heads to triple bypass surgery tomorrow morning. My mom e-mailed us family tonight and I am just reminded of my grandmother's faith. This is what my mom wrote in her
e-mail, after talking to my grandmother on the phone:

the surgeon met with her and after discussing everything he asked her if she wanted to discuss the risks and she told me that she told him basically - "Please don't worry about the risks - you just do what you have to do and know that if anything happens I know I am going to be with the Lord and I have complete peace about all of this and please don't you ever feel bad - I don't want you feeling bad if I don't make it."

What a woman.

I am reminded of this verse as a comfort: Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

3 comments:

kenady said...

She sounds amazing. My grandfather went through quadruple by-pass surgery last spring. It was a success! And I know this one will be as well. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Claire said...

Thank you Lauren - I know you are really busy - but I do miss our "chats" - Saw grandma this a.m. at 5:30 and she was in great shape - the peace of God is over her. We'll know more by lunchtime - Uncle Jim comes tomorrow and Jeff is coming up from Charleston today- guess I have to clean my bathrooms! love you- Mom

pgvet2 said...

I will say a prayer for your Grand Mother. God Bless.

Wayne