CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 3, 2007

To-Do's

I thought I was going to have more pictures to post, but evidently, I didn't do it. Something to add to my to-do list.

Speaking of which, I just read on the Blogger page when you sign, in about this blog that posts to-do lists. http://www.todolistblog.com/ The Blogger apparently has just published a book about to-do lists, and it makes me smile. I love lists. Recently we ran out of notebooks around here and my lists have been created on the back of receipts and anything I can find- but for the most part I haven't been writing as many lists because of this paper shortage in our home. (yes, I do have computer paper, but that large white space isn't conductive to good list making for myself.) In fact when preparing our budget and gift ideas for Christmas, Jon grabbed his computer notebook and starting putting his list in there. This evening I was talking to my mom and she mentioned that she doesn't have the time to do the things on her list and how unsatisfactory it feels to only cross off three things on lists that she's made recently. My advice was to write more things that she can cross off, and she named her favorite list item "get dressed". That's a good "crosser off-er" if I've ever had one myself.

Lists also help me as a new mom keep track of the things on my mind. Lately I can have the thought of something I want to accomplish, and I go to the place where the task needs to be done and it's left my mind. So I try to write my lists more often. I did come across recently a spiral notebook and that did help with my lists for Thanksgiving day. I don't think that the back of a receipt would have cut it for the 5 pages of lists just for the day. I can even write lists of what I want to communicate with someone- or e-mails I want to write. It's a busy world out there and you don't want to fall behind!

Well back to my lists- yes, even at 10pm at night! Oh and here's one photo from the small amount of fall photos I took. With the way the weather turned today, I am sure all the leaves have been pummeled to the ground.


And this is the willow tree in our back yard that before today's incredible wind still had most of it's leaves! I hate the willow tree's leaves. So I am dreading when they fall.




1 comments:

Claire said...

You know you are going to get tons of pads for Christmas to make lists on cuz we don't want you to be without!!! Didn't one of the sisters give the rest of you a book abt making lists or listing your life??? The best book for me was Disciplines of a Beautiful Woman by Anne Ortlund - she wrote it way before the "Daytimer" plethora! love - Mom