CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

very busy...

Who wouldn't think it was busy this time of year? I think it's compounded with the extra events for the season and just trying to make it through planning and budgeting and keeping my one child occupied with meaningful activities while I try to keep crossing the things off my list.

Not to mention the fact that we found out my grandmother, my dad's mom, is having open heart surgery on Thursday. She has hardly ever to have to be at the doctor's and although we trust the Lord with her care, this kind of event in your 80's is a little worrisome. We are planning to celebrate with her at Christmas so we keep looking to that and praying for her health and recovery.

Last night we had Jon's company holiday party and it was at a Moroccan restaurant. Wow was it an experience. Auntie April stayed home with Caed, so he was in great hands, although I think he was on the cranky side. I wasn't thinking that Moroccan was exactly holiday-like, but a wiser friend of mine said that it was probably better then the standard hotel catering room party. I agree. We did have a good time, 7 courses of Moroccan goodness! There was even a "belly" dancer. Although since she had a six pack it was less "belly" and more "toned abs" dancing. We ate everything with our hands, and although we didn't really know the other couple we were sharing our community plate with, it was fun. And the other couple was really nice and since the wife used to work for Jon's company he enjoyed getting some insight from her- so it was good. Other then the belly dancer, the other interesting part of the evening was actually arriving. The restaurant is on the border of a sketchy area of the city. The only indication that it's the restaurant that we were invited to was the ornate red door, and some Moroccan writing on the front of the building that was otherwise void of any restaurant signs. You have to actually knock to get into the restaurant. Apparently this is a very popular restaurant with celebrities (mostly the political type) as pictures are adorning the hallways.

We did have a good time! Now I probably won't be posting for a couple of more days, I've got this logo project that is keeping me busy and making this time of year even more hectic, because I have to work at nap time, not clean up and plan like I would prefer to be doing.

0 comments: