CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Minny

Tonight the funniness of this word was stamped in my brain. April called us at bowling (we had just called her and she called us immediately back) and said she was feeding Caed and he kept saying "minny, minny" and what did it mean. Only a mother. I never thought I would be the kind of mother that understands her children's language and had to do the translation- especially in the dire circumstances of someone else trying to get her child to eat.

But I swooped in!

"April, it means Money. He likes to play with the jar of change at the table. I've hidden it, so don't bring it out!"

Caed was enjoying playing with this big ceramic tub of change that we had. At first it was at a scary height that he could access himself. I got smart and moved it to the table. We would count ('nine, nine, nine') and toss them in, clinking away. We talked about Lincoln and George Washington, and the other men I realized I didn't know....we talked about the different state coins, and the fish and planes on there. It was fun. Until in meant that he wanted to play with "minny" all the time, crawling up into his chair, going through the same process every time. I decided it was time to give Minny a break and hide it.

Caed hasn't forgot about the fun with Minny, and apparently he even remembered with Auntie April. I am not sold that he know where it's been stashed, but he does motion like he knows. He wasn't near me when I hid in on the hutch in our dining room, and it's covered with lots of stuff...

Oh, to have a son that loves money!

2 comments:

Kiki said...

I will be sure to show this one to Ken...although I always try to remind him about the "love of minny"!!! It hilarious that you exactly what he was talking about!!! LTY

Claire said...

I love these stories - I wish I had had a blog when all of you were growing up - thanks for doing such a good job!!!!
LOLTY - Mom