CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 9, 2007

Resolution!

I don't like confronting things that make me uncomfortable. Who does? But finally confronting things feels so good. The resolution of issues brings such joy.
Sometimes I am able to confront knowing that on the other side is the joy, and other times I want to back away as far as possible. I am still a work in progress.

I went to court today to resolve an issue with a former client who didn't finish paying me for two projects! I really liked the client, so it was a bummer to be resorted to this. Today came resolution. I have a check and a payment plan worked out through ourselves, but officially with mediation. It's such an answer to prayer on a lot of levels because I really deserved to be paid for these two large projects I did for them, and I didn't have to go in front of a judge and try to be factual with him.(I am a girl who needs a little emotion involved) It was resolved before 12 noon and Caed was watched by some good friends who tagged teamed the effort. I brought Jonathan along with me, and he wouldn't have been able to help in front of a judge, but in mediation he could speak and help all I wanted him to.

Addendum to the first draft of the post: I don't think I adequately spoke of why today went so well and it's because Jonathan is actually the one who helps me face these uncomfortable situations. And it's a learning experience for me. I value that I have a spouse that helps me navigate running a business and being a non-business person. He stretches and challenges me all the time, in such a great way. Some of these things I would never attempt on my own and Jon is there to support and help me along the way. I am so amazed at the confidence that he gives me just to get through the ordinary and the rough spots of life.**end of addendum

It's so nice to have this issue mostly crossed off the list of things to take care of around here. Now to move on to replacing our back doors to get our fridge in the back of the house, renovating our kitchen and bathroom and getting the leak in our roof repaired.

Now I should be working on a logo for my brother in laws business, and a business card for my college roommate, but I am too busy feeling the weight lifted off our shoulders. I'll start those this weekend.

And today of all days, I can honestly say Thank Goodness it's Friday! I promise more is to come. We had a busy week this week....

2 comments:

Claire said...

It is so good to hear your good news at the end of a very long day!! I am really thankful that it went so well for you -
love you precious Lauren -
Mom

Kiki said...

I am so glad to hear that there was positive resolution to this issue. i am proud of you for facing it and I am REALLY proud of you for giving Jon some credit and "blog love". LTY dear sister.