CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday...

This morning I wanted to blog immediately after our church service. We attend a church here in DC that has phenomenal speaking. Today's message is part of a larger series speaking based on some box office hits. Yes, the theme is based off of movies. Not usually a series I would be so enthusiastic about, but last week's message and this week's have broken down my preconceived thoughts about what I would get out of it, and it's biblical applicability. The service was based on the movie that I have never seen, The Pursuit Of Happyness. It just challenged me. We have so much we are blessed with despite the hassle's of leaking roof's, fridge's stuck in our dining room and other small things. I normally don't sweat the small stuff, but compiled together it all seems very large. Anyway, it just helped recenter me. The sermon isn't online yet, but I plan to post a link once it is.

After church April put up with the Peterson's bickering and took some shots that we can hopefully use for a Christmas card. The photo below was toward the end, and one we won't be using, but I thought it was a fun one to post. I think this is the first time Jon and I have swung Caed together between us- he loved it, and I think we all really did have a good time.



*warning sisters: comments about dad*

I don't usually post anything about my dad. He died 3 years ago (and it's taken me 3 years to write/ say that!). All of my sister's wrote something last month when he died. I didn't. I thought of it, I just couldn't think what would be appropriate. But today for some reason I miss him (probably related to the movie message at church!). I miss his quietness and his laughter. And I miss his love for us four girls and our mom. He was a special man to all of us and it seems so strange to just have someone so important just gone without any warning or goodbye. Caed looks at the picture of my mom and dad that I have, and I explain that it's Nana and popop, and so when he looks he says it like he knows him. I wish he did. Silly to blog about this I guess, but nonetheless....such a random day for the thought.

5 comments:

Maeve McDonald said...

This is a moving post, Lauren. I love the candour and honesty of your blog posts. Thanks for sharing!

Claire said...

Thank you, dear Lauren - you are and always will be precious to me -
Mom

Kiki said...

Awww, nice post Lauren...I'm glad you got some pics that you are considering using and that April was able to do that for you. As for the daddy bit, I am so glad that you did, its nice to talk about him, keeps him close, even though he isn't.

Logzie said...

I could tell how hard it was for you to write about your Dad. I'm sorry that you had to loose him without him knowing Caed. If it helps any...when I read what you or Kiki write about your Dad...it really touches me. He sounds like a man I would have loved to know. I didn't have the great pleasure of having a Dad and I guess I've grown quite bitter about it. One thing God has been dealing with me on is seeing Him as my Father but in a deeper way. It's sacred ground and it's hard but nonetheless I want all God has for me, so I trudge thru the memories or lack there of so I can see a fuller picture of Him, my real Father. So, anyway, I just wanted to tell you how much your writing about your father meant to me. Again, I am so sorry for your loss, he sounds like a wonderful man.

P.S.-love that picture!

Anonymous said...

You couldn't wirte and I couldn't comment. I miss him too.