CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ogre

Today I found out a new word that Caed has learned. He learns new words from his friends all the time, but this is the funniest one yet. Last week when he was with a his friend Taylor, and her mom Laura, he learned the word Ogre. I didn't know this until today when Laura told me that they were looking at a picture of Shrek and she told them it was an ogre. Apparently they kept saying it....and well tonight, to test it out, I grabbed our DVD's of Shrek and sure enough- "Ogre, Ogre, Ogre". So now he will be able to identify when an ogre comes near, a very good skill to keep him safe on the DC streets.



An additional 'word' note: We have a lift the flap book from our friends Jeff and Carrie Moses, and he's always loved it because it's these big flaps and really large pictures of the farm animals, and when you lift the flap it's a close up of the animal and a bright colored flap with the sound written out that the animal makes. Today for the first time he said all the noises that the farm animals make on his own- even the goat with his "maaa", and cow actually had a "mooo" not the typical grunting noise that Caed has been identifying to larger four legged animals! Yeah he's learning something!

5 comments:

Kiki said...

Hmmm, I hope he never need use for the word Ogre, but I am glad he will be able to communicate with the animals. I can't wait to see him and you guys too!!!

katrinahsmith said...

That's a great vocabulary word!!

co and mormor said...

teach him to say mor mor he probably will call me moo moo since he already can say that and it would be okay if he did.we used to call my cousin eleanor grandmother moo moo and i never knew it was suppose to be mormor which is Swedish for grandmother until I was an adult. Have a great day.

Claire said...

Love how his vocabulary is just growing and growing - he says it so clearly!!!
love - Mom

Claire said...

Hope your birthday turned out well for you!!! I was so happy that Heather got to come and see you!
Miss you - can't wait for Christmas and I get to see you ---and your family : )
love, Mom